Sample Prep for Mass Spectrometry Workshop (2 Day)
Sample Prep for Mass Spectrometry Workshop
This course guides the attendee through the fundamental principles of mass spectrometry and LCMS sample preparation techniques.
- SPE Theory
- Using SPE and 96 well elution plates
- Mobile phase preparation for LC-MS
- Standard preparation
- What is mass spectrometry? Where do I use it?
- Isotope and elemental mass Spectrometry
- Components of a mass Spectrometer
- Common ionization techniques
- Different types of mass spectrometers
- The analyzer
- Principles of quadrupole mass spectrometers
- Principles of time of flight and hybrid mass spectrometers
- Types of mass spectrometry methods available (e.g. SIR, SCAN, MRM)
- Principles of accuracy and resolution
- Interpretation of mass spectrometer output
- Isotope characteristics
- Even and odd electrons
- Characterizing spectra
- Quantitation and calibration
- Solvents and caveats for LCMS
- Ion suppression
- Matrix effects
Who Should Attend?
This course is for anyone who is new to Mass Spectrometry or wants to build a strong foundation on the theory of mass spectrometry.
3WM102 – R 8950.00 Excl. VAT per person
*Course Material only available in electronic format.
Course dates will be confirmed upon receipt of order number.